Intermountain Fire Radio of 1900's
The first radios were introduced in the Intermountain Region and used by the Forest Service in about 1928 or 1929*, and required a pack outfit to haul them in plus tools and equipment to set them up. They were a great aid to Forest Service men. 1/ The first two-way radios were used about 1937 or 1938 for communication between fire camps and the Supervisor's Office in Jackson. 2/ Voice communication via a system of radio repeater stations, was established in 1964 on the Teton National Forest.
- Read more about Intermountain Fire Radio of 1900's
- Log in or register to post comments